In today’s podcast episode I’ll be working to answer the question: What do I really need to do in order to get my freelance ESL teaching business started?
In this Episode:
- The basic legal questions you should be asking/investigating.
- You should know who you want to serve – in other words identify who your ideal student is.
- Use your personal network to see if you can make your first connection with those ideal students.
- Have simple marketing material ready.
- Have simple systems in place – we’ll explore: Attendance sheets as well as fee and cancellation policies.
- Get your materials out to your ideal students as quickly as you can – begin working with your friends/family/neighbours who know or who are somehow connected to your ideal students – ask them if they will help you distribute your marketing material.
- Our 100% free member’s only Facebook group.
- Podcast Episode 4: How to get your first student.
- Podcast Episode 1: Cancellation Policies for Freelance ESL Teachers – Why and How to Make One
- Stop competing for new students based on you having the lowest price – don’t you get tired of working incredibly hard for your students only to be paid peanuts?
- You’ll define your unique value as a teacher – which will help you charge a fair, higher fee because you’ll figure out how to stand apart from the rest!
- You’ll be able to define your ideal client, and you’ll also learn why you should STOP trying to work with EVERYONE who wants your services – and the one exception to that rule! (What!? You mean I SHOULDN’T work with everyone? Seriously? Yep! And I’ll tell you why in the book. 🙂
- You’ll work through a process for sales that will help you serve prospects and help them become your clients – not push them! (Don’t you hate pushy sales people?) You shouldn’t and don’t have to be one when you sell and promote your services as a Freelance ESL teacher. This book will show you how.
- You’ll also get a simple to implement strategy to help you get your first student! (Or 50th!)