How to Create Your Own Syllabus > A few notes from the episode.
Why You Should Consider Course Books
- If you focus on a niche – a specific kind of student like Business English students, or children for example, you’ll only need to invest once in the material, and keep reusing it as you grow.
- Students tend to prefer structure and organization – course books can help you provide that.
- You are already crazy busy – adding the work of creating course materials will only add more to your already very full plate.
- Why not rely on the skills and expertise of someone who creates course materials for you – let them do what they love so you can focus on doing what you love: serving your students!
- Working with professionally created course material will make you and your freelance business look PROFESSIONAL!
Check out http://www.feedly.com for a free RSS reader.
2. Language Benchmarks: Think about these resources as skeletons or maps of what your students language skills look like when they start a level, and what they need to be able to do when they reach the end of that level. www.language.ca/publications/english-publications-downloadable
3. You can reach me via e-mail: email@example.com – I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for listening to today’s podcast! What do you think about using course books or creating your own? What has worked for you?