Thank you so very much for your interest in my totally free checklist to help you get your freelance ESL teaching business up and running from zero.
Get your totally free checklist here.
New to freelancing? Welcome aboard my friend, I’m glad to see you here!
Let’s get your business started!
Are you new to freelancing as an English teacher? If you’re just at the ‘Thinking about doing this” stage, it may help you to know that there are a few pretty awesome benefits to working for yourself as a freelance English teacher over working for a language school or university. Here are just a few:
- As a freelance English teacher, you are your own boss – you pick the times and days you want to work.
- You set your own fees, instead of hoping that a school or employer will pay you fairly.
- You decide who you work with! What? You don’t like working with kids? As a freelancer you don’t have to! Passionate about helping university students pass the TOEFL – you can focus your classes on whoever you want to serve.
- Freelance English teachers have full creative control over their work – you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing! Do you have mind blowing graphic design skills? You could teach English for graphic designers. Sports freak? Who says you can’t teach a student English through sport? You get my point, right? As a freelancer, you have full control over how you teach and what you teach. If you work for someone else, you have to teach what THEY want you to teach.
Working on your own has many things going for it, that’s for sure….but there are also things that will slow you down, frustrate you, and maybe even make you wonder if you should be doing this kind of work at all…
- How do I find my first few students?
- How do I keep them coming back for more?
- How do I know how much to charge for my services?
- What if my students cancel – how will I get paid if they don’t take class with me?
- How can I make money I can count on each month?
Being your own boss, and having the freedom that comes with being a freelancer is both a blessing and a challenge! Stick around, and let’s work together to help you overcome some of these challenges so you can start building your freelance business with confidence, stability, and money in your pocket!
How Can I Help?
Got a second? Would you comment below and let me know what you’re number one fear or question is about starting your freelance English teaching business?