The focus of today’s podcast is to answer a listener’s question around how to get started from ZERO.
- The problem of overcomplicating things. We tend to over think what we need to do to run our own teaching business. We stand on the outside looking at other ESL teaching businesses and see what looks like a vast ocean of things that are needing to be done in order to make this work.
- In reality, starting up is simple. The vastness you see as you look in from the outside, has been created over time, and from regular and persistent work. But it very likely didn’t start out that way!
- We tend to think we need things perfect before we can start. False. We just need to start! Minimal viable(Useful) product!
3 Tips To Help You Start Before 2019
- Tip #1 – Gather intelligence – talk to teachers who freelance.
- Tip: #2 Just Start
- Tip: #3 Measure Your Growth + Set Goals
- Bottom Line: Get started as quickly as you can.
Inaction often breeds fear. Fear often breeds inaction. And inaction = well….more inaction.
The faster you get your first student, the faster you’ll begin to see if this whole business of freelance teaching is really for you.
And the faster you get your mini freelance teaching business rolling, the faster you’ll begin attracting new business. And the sooner you’ll be able to grow. But NOTHING will happen if you don’t act.
Useful Resources Mentioned:
www.unsplash.com – for great free images you can use on your website, posters, or fliers.
www.canva.com – awesome free tool to help you design your posters or fliers.