Great questions can help you come up with answers that you’ve never considered before, and those never before considered answers have the potential to transform your business.
The focus of today’s episode are some powerful questions to ask yourself as you get your freelance teaching business started – or to help you grow it well in 2019 and beyond!
What We’ll Be Covering Today:
Sometimes the best questions are ones you never knew you should be asking! I hope that today’s podcast will help you start asking a few!
Some questions that have really have helped me come from a fantastic book that I have just finished reading called:
Question 1: What’s Your Model of Business – or How do you want your business to look in the future?
- Am I building an organization – like a school. I want to see students coming to my classroom. I will have teachers working with me. I will have offices, physical location etc.
- Am I keeping it ‘solopreneur’ – I’m only interested in building my business to the point of keeping my schedule alone full.
- Project based consultancy – loose crew of team members and resources. Maybe spread all over the place. Think: translation firm?
Question 2: How will I make money?
- Active Income: Selling services, classes, expertise, short (1month), medium(1-3 months), long term (3 months – a year or more.)projects.
- Passive Income: e-books, course materials that you create, reselling old coursebooks, ?
Question 3: How will I deliver my services?
- Face to face classes?
- Online classes?
- In my own location? Location of my client?
- Will I focus on a country, city, neighbourhood?
Question 4: Who is my ideal student?
- Vital – and we keep mentioning this in the podcast, don’t we? It’s so important to know who you do your best work with.
- The wrong students in your business, and not because they are bad people, but because you don’t remain in your strengths zone when you serve them – will make your work seem harder, will drain you, and can run the risk of retarding your business’ growth!
- Fill your business with your IDEAL students. Do you know who they are?
Join Us for A Free Webinar: Let’s figure out who your ideal student is!
Saturday, December 15, 3:00pm PST. Sign up here.
** (This is an affiliate link, which means if you click on it and decide to purchase, I will earn a little commission.)