Benjamin Franklin — ‘If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!’
Lesson planning can quickly become one of the most challenging things to keep up with as you grow your business as a freelance English teacher. In today’s podcast, I’ll share 4 time saving hacks to help you work smarter, not harder as you plan for multiple classes. Listen to today’s podcast here:
In this episode:
1.Work with similar groups.
2. Take advantage of commutes + dead time.
- Bring notebook, pen, plan in drive time, listen to podcasts for class etc.
3. Pick AND Stick: a resource and stick with it for 3 to 4 months.Avoid getting lost on Pinterest or Youtube following endless bunny trails or just plain getting pulled off course by something ‘more interesting’ or ‘fun.’
4. Repurpose Content.
- Ted talks – Interactive Transcript: Reading fluency, vocabulary, fill in the blanks with missing words, grammar development/hunts.
- Audio – listening comprehension, discussion starters, speaking fluency.
- Bonus: How can you shape the same lesson to meet the needs of other students? Sometimes a simple reduction in time of same video can make it more useful for lower level students. Sometimes more difficult comprehension questions and up the difficulty level for more advanced students.
Join our free Facebook group for freelance ESL teachers!